Thursday, April 07, 2005

Geek Stink Breath

I have 4 wisdom teeth. I knew this long time back and didn't really bother as they weren't giving me any problems, nor did they give me any signs of wisdom.
I went to Safti Military Institute earlier on this morning. I was given an appointment all the way there even though there's actually a dentist in my own company. Redhill is already far enough and yet they want me to go until Jurong somemore. Mind as well go Batam better.
As usual, my dad drove me to the destination and I was fast asleep in his car. After some time he woke me up and told me we were reaching. He turned into the carpark and I told him straight away to turn back. The place was in Jurong and there were signs showing that Safti MI is near.
But it was not the correct place.
It was the Discovery centre carpark.
My dad realised it was the wrong place and quickly did a U-Turn back to the main road. Was that a discovery too?
Founding out that we were at the wrong place.
Probably the place was built so as to let other unfamiliar drivers have a discovery too.

Safti MI is huge.
I had to explore whenever I came to a checkpoint with a map. I walked all the way in and was getting more lost every minute. I looked around and not a single soul could be seen. Every now and then there were vehicles going pass me and it was becoming obvious that nobody travelled in there by foot. I then came upon a very big sign.
It says ' Home of the Officers'.
Well, if that's the place of the officers, then I could just find anyone with a bar on top of their shoulders and ask them for directions. I saw a guy with 3 bars and asked him where the medical centre is.
He gave me a smile and told me he didn't know.
So much for Home of the Officers.
I managed to locate the place after some time and it took around 30 minutes. And 30 minutes wasn't the only time wasted. My appointment was at 9 and everything ended at 11.30. It's not like I am complaining about how much time I have wasted but I only hoped it could be more. Having to spend time outside my workplace is like a luxury to me.
The dentist told me I have 4 teeth that needs to be plucked out, which I already knew... and gave me a referal to another hospital. I didn't know why I have to go to another hospital when it could be done back there too. I told my dad back at home and he suspected that I have special teeth.
Those that Dracula have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home