Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Amazing Science

I have this friend named Elias. He can also be considered as my colleague as we are both working in the same centre. He is a medic while I am an admin assistant. He is from the Lab station, which is in charge of taking urine and blood samples to check for abnormalities. When I first knew him, I almost mistook him for a mafia. I saw the whole process with my very own eyes and I couldn't bring myself to believe it. Elias was weighing either heroine or cocaine and packaging them into individual plastic bags. I couldn't really tell which was it as I was standing from a distance and did not dare walk any nearer. I took up my courage and approached him with a gigantic syringe just in case if there's any danger. He told me to calm down and explained to me that the white powder was actually glucose and not some drug. I wasn't convinced enough until he gave me some to try myself. That was a real close shave you know. Any false alarm, and I would have taken the syringe and shaft it up his ass.

Elias is a real funny guy. Never fails to come up with jokes and making people laugh. Even though most of the time they are lame or doesn't make any sense at all. But for me, I am like the opposite. I am serious most of the time, easily irritated with nonsensical remarks and don't get along well with lamers. That is why we can't communicate properly. I hope he can be more serious like me and not be so childish.

Today, Elias caught a housefly and kept it in a plastic container. He told me he caught it with a pair of chopsticks when Bruce Lee couldn't have caught it with his bare hands. Many curious people soon heard of it and came to learn more. He repeated himself more than once on the story of how he trapped the housefly into the container. The truth was, he injured it with a swing of his arm and captured it while it was weak. The more amazing thing was, maggots were coming out from the fly's body and multiplying fast. Everyone was like taking turns to see as though they have never seen a housefly in their life before. The fly's body was so tiny, we couldn't figure out whether the maggots were coming out from it's head, body or ass. As I noticed carefully, maggots were coming out from Elias's body as well. There was a hole in his pants and I could see some crawling out from his ass. Everyone was making fun of the maggots and saying they wanted to eat them and all. They like real only. Took the container and pretend to let loose on them and they squealed like girls. Nobody dared to sleep too, because I and Elias might be planting some on those who were unawared. Creating a fake mustache for them would be nice.

Wonder what happened to those maggots now. They were left back in the Lab station. Kinda miss them now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home