Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Carrom Masters

Practically everyone is a fan of carrom here in MCC. Maybe because it is the only game which is available in the mess room. Anything else and you will have to bring it over yourself. No matter how I see it, the game can never appeal to me whatsoever. It is nevertheless, only a board with many seeds and corner pockets. A game of carrom is similar to playing a round of miniature pool. You need to get all the seeds into the pockets depending on which color you are in. Pool would be using a cue whereas carrom would be using only your fingers. I wouldn't consider carrom to be a sport as all you need to do is to sit down, flex your fingers abit and wait for your next turn to come. It doesn't rely much on your body muscles and one could easily grow fat playing carrom. And if you still think that carrom is a sport because it builds up your arms and fingers.. Well, then I guess masturbation is a sport too.

You may have heard of the Kung Fu master, the Tai Chi master.. But have you heard of the Carrom master? It was told that it could only be a myth that such a person existed. There were whispers in the wind throughout the years that everyone could hardly hear before it vanished. Nobody would even dare to believe that it could be true. I, myself didn't believe such nonsense either. But what actually happened today totally changed my aspects of carrom. At around 5 in the evening, I was watching a game of carrom played by some of my colleagues. Kong had to leave the game and I was asked to replace him. I didn't want to play at first, but Elias was asking me to play like as though he was selling insurance to me. I wasn't left with much of a choice but to show them what I was made of.
I was made of flesh and blood and naturally, I would be playing like other beginners. But I was wrong. As I placed the striker on my line and was getting ready to shoot, I felt like I had played this for ages. There was not a chance whereby I would miss the shot. I fired with full confidence and the striker seed went straight into the pocket.
Any expert would tell you that in the beginning of the game, that is one of the ways to test ur aiming probability.
I felt like I was possessed throughout the game. I came to believe that maybe I could be the one and only. The true master who has been lost in generations. All I can say is that I would rather observe a game than playing it. Knowing everyone's weakness is the key to becoming the best. And I wouldn't waste time on those who think highly of themselves, when in actual fact.. are those who doesn't stand a chance against me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home