Thursday, April 28, 2005

One Thing to Rule them All

Medical.

That's what SAF fears of.
Right from the beginning, it determines whether or not you will be given an easy life in National service.
And it still applies while serving.

It's disturbing to know how my company system actually works. I am not sure if all SAF companies function the same but I won't be surprised if they do.

They fuck care about you.
They don't care about who you are.. Whether or not you are smart, hardworking or rich.
Whatever it is, they just want to get the job done with any means possible. (They seemed to think that they are running the work flow smoothly. But in actual fact, they are nowhere close.) Usually will be to seek help from NSFs. As long as you are found to be capable, that's it. They will keep pushing all sorts of responsibilities to you. It won't occur to them that one would already have tons of work to do himself.
And if you think that after doing so much for them, there would be at least some good in return...
Yeah Right.
No extra Pay.
No additional Privileges.
Not even a sense of appreciation.
And the best part is that you can't even choose when to take your Off.
The only time available to claim would be when there is enough manpower and when not many others are taking on the same day as you.. Which is like as good as letting them choose the day for you.

Everything would be a different story if you got valid medical reasons.
When there isn't enough manpower and nobody is allowed to take any Offs or Leave, one can just be absent with the help of an MC.
Fucking No Logic Retardation you know.
When all of us know that anyone can just get an MC from a private clinic if you have the cash.
90% of the time you will be given an MC from a private clinic.
10% of the time you don't get an MC from a private clinic because you simply forgot to ask for it.

May was supposed to be a month of terror for me. I was saved by my dental surgery appointment as I would definitely be excused for at least a week from going to work.
My IC is going for a holiday in May and won't be around for the whole month. Subsequently, there's another guy going for surgery in the middle of May too. I was told that I had to take over and cover both of their duties when they were not around. Even though I would have the help of another new guy, the responsibilites were still against me. The pushing of their job scopes to me is already inhuman not to mention pure insanity, but I wasn't in a position to decline the offer.
My dental appointment falls on 4th of May, which happens to be the first week of the month. They did try asking me to postpone the appointment. But I wasn't stupid enough and told them that my health is of top priority, anything happens and they will have to answer for it.
I couldn't believe that they would actually neglect my health and care only for themselves.
Think you can just push everything to me meh?
Fuck you understand.
Want me to do your work when I am not paid as much as you?
BAlls to you, I say.

I think the responsibilies would have been passed down to others by then.
Michael would be covering me when I am gone and he would be my side-kick for the time being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home