Sunday, September 18, 2005

Out of Here

Went out with Xuguang and Mike yesterday.

Xuguang called me in the afternoon and told me that he would be meeting Mike at 2.30pm and asked if I wanted to tag along. I was sleeping at that point of time and didn't really respond to him. I replied in a blur tone and told him that I would join them afterwards, as soon as I had finished my beauty nap.
But the fucking weakness about me is that I am easily awakened by light noises and that the chances of me going back to sleep right away are extremely low.
Most of the time after being distracted from my sleep I would be closing my eyes and lying there hoping that I would be fast asleep again. It would probably take some time before my soul find it's way back into Dreamland.

I think that's the reason why even though whenever I am sleeping in the inner bunk of the duty room, the person who wakes up and open the door for the cleaner aunties is always me.
The two other persons sleeping nearer to the entrance would be like fucking deep in slumber and would remain motionless no matter how hard the aunties were banging on the door.
It would take them like 15 minutes or more to realise that there is somebody outside trying to get in.
That would be equivalent to a massive explosion going off and still sleeping for 30 seconds.
By the time they really woke up, I would have already opened the door myself and lying down back in bed.
There are actually times whereby I was so lazy and tired that I wanted so much to throw my shoe at one of them so as to wake him up.
Fucking sleeping nearest to the entrance still not making ownself useful.
But I would usually just pass the idea,
as I could open the side door and then head to the toilet on the way,
since my urine was being held back since 6 hours before.

After Xuguang had called me, I was lying on my bed and thinking whether to get up or not.
I wasn't going to continue sleeping anymore and thought that it might be better if I spend more time of my weekends outside rather than at home. I took my time and got dressed up. I left my house and decided to take an Express bus to Orchard since the weather was hot and the sun was bright. I boarded the bus when it reached after approximately 45 minutes.

'Waiting' used to be an annoying problem for me.
But not anymore since my Gameboy Advance is always brought along with me almost everywhere I go now. It is such a great companion that even if one is doing his/her private business in the toilet, the Gameboy would still be able to perform it's worth.
This shows that guys are of a better company than that of a gal's,
otherwise there would be a Gamegirl too.
Actually, I didn't own one all the while. Come to think of it, I really have to thank my girlfriend for giving me so much motivation in getting a Gameboy.
She is 99.99% late all the time and it's not easy to achieve her kind of standard even though one is trying hard to be late on purpose.
Out of like 100 times, she might be early once or twice,
but to count on her being early would be like counting on myself to be striking the million dollar toto.
It was then that I found out it's her natural born talent which I am referring to,
and that there wasn't any cure for this no matter how hard I tried to make Annabelle improve on her time management skills...
So I bought a Gameboy Advance in the end.

At least 'waiting' is no longer wasting time anymore.
It's more of a challenge to me in using time wisely and completing the games which I had installed.

I took the 518 Express bus to Far East Plaza and alighted.
I called Xuguang on the handphone hoping that they would be somewhere nearby. But it turned out that both Xuguang and Mike were at Paragon.
I walked my way there while munching on the Squid heads which I had bought at the Old Chang Kee branch outside Far East.
I reached Paragon and proceeded to the SIA junction on the 2nd floor after calling Xuguang another time. He and one of his friend, Moses, were waiting for Mike and his dad to collect the air tickets.

Taiwan sia.
Xuguang going overseas with friends.

While waiting for the tickets to be recieved, I was sitting down together with Xuguang and Moses, facing one of the TV just in front of me.
Both Xuguang and Moses were so excited with the trip and all, they had so much to talk about.
I was kind of left out so I might as well watch TV and ignore them for a while.
The debate was showing and it seems like wherever there is Channel News Asia,
there is bound to have a session going on.

I only have one thing to conclude from those excellent debaters.
They may be smart and good in their speeches,
but they probably still have to work hard on their nerdy appearances if whichever of them by any chance,
wants to get laid.

After getting the tickets,
we roamed Orchard aimlessly trying to pass some time, hoping that when night came,
there would be something more constructive for us to do.

Orchard was packed as usual.
There were people everywhere, and at every traffic light junction, large masses of people would be gathered at both sides waiting for the green man to light up.
Once lit, People would rush their ways forward at their own pace and against the others coming from the opposite direction.
Imagine them in shining armors, wielding swords and carrying protective shields.

It would be like a war in medieval times.

Moses left to accompany his gal and the 3 of us had Long John for dinner before heading down to Spinelli's for some coffee.
We went to catch 'Night Watch' at Cineleisure and I left halfway during the movie.
Annabelle had finished work early and I didn't want her to wait,
so I left the cinema in a hurry while trying to call her and meet up together.

We watched 'Initial D' back in my house and slept after that.
Annabelle is supposed to go for school this morning but unfortunately,
she is still sleeping.
Yes.
As of now, I am typing all these and she is still soundly asleep.

I feel so much like travelling out of Singapore too.
I will in the future, with my friends and no relatives around.
I would want to go somewhere much farther than the usual places like Australia or even Taiwan.

Maybe like...
Somewhere in outer space.