Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cutting Edge

Went to cut my hair on Wednesday evening after I reached home from work.

It was time for me to get a haircut.
It was getting long and thick like that of a cauliflower.
Every now and then people would come up and tell me that my hair is exceeding it's limit.
I would probably be mistaken as a Hip Hop kind of guy for keeping a huge microphone on top of my head.
Afro, to be exact.
Personally, I prefer dreadlocks.
It's just too cool to be having so much unkempt hair tied up together and attracting houseflies all over the head.
At least one won't feel lonely even if all his friends and relatives have abandoned him because of a smell they couldn't handle.




I made an appointment with the barber,
after several times when I went to the place and found out that it was already closed.
So that she would know that I was coming and she would wait specially for me,
even if I were to go down after Midnight.
I reached there around 7pm and she was still attending to another customer.
She told me to take a seat first in the meantime while trying to finish up and then putting the other lady on hold.
I sat down, took one of the comics to read and waited for my turn to come. I was reading 'Lao Fu Zi', the funny comic which is well known by youngsters and it's able to make one laugh just by looking at the pictures alone, without having to read the texts at all.

After about 10 to 15 mins or so,
the other lady customer was being led to another chair and the steaming machine was then used on her. The amount of heat given out from the machine is enough to cook her hair or even the whole head.
Like steamed buns like that.
The smoke coming out is confusing too.
One would never know whether the machine is malfunctioning or not.
Smoke coming out from it is a natural process,
but when the machine is being handled improperly or is frequently overheated,
smoke would probably appear too.
I guess the only way to find out whether the machine needs maintenance or not is when an explosion occurs and somebody's head is being blasted into minced meat.

I placed the comic book back and told the barber that I wanted the usual haircut.
The short and thin type, with a slope behind.
Any shorter and it would be like botak.
She took out a electric shaver and started to go by the sides and the back.

Before I knew what was happening, I was dozing off like as though my neck has no support.

My head was dropping down and I had to force myself to be awake.
I was like giving a quick nod every minute while trying to keep still.
The barber was holding onto my head whenever it tilted. She also asked me why I was so tired and I replied her saying that it should be because of work. I had to give her a reason if not she might think that it's her boring conversation between us which was the cause.
I tried very hard to remain conscious but failed.
Throughout the whole process I was struggling with my senses.
Luckily it turned out to be pretty fine,
with no difference from the other times when I had my haircut there.

I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything went wrong.
I might have a draft of the world map on my head if the barber shaved continuously without supporting me in position and leaving patches of uneven hair all over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a good job on your site. I was surfing around and came to yours. I'm trying to set up a site called ,Back Pain, but it just came out real plain. It's about,, which naturally the name implies. Thanks for some of the ideas. Liked the content ! ---Jack---

Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger liwei said...

Thank you too for your comments
:)

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home