Sunday, May 15, 2005

Feel the Force

Went to ChinaBlack on Friday night.
It wasn’t just a usual clubbing event. It was more than that.

Leslie called me earlier on during the evening and asked me if I wanted to go Dble O. He said that it was free entry for all due to some anniversary reasons. I told him that if that were the case, the whole place would be packed for sure. No point going to a place that is free and ending up squeezing with one another inside. Girls would know about situations like this and chances are, they would rather go somewhere else… Leaving the place filled mostly with desperate guys thinking that they might have a good time rubbing against each other.

I told Leslie that I would pass on that and told him to go ahead and enjoy himself. I would give him a call if I changed my mind. My girlfriend was with me at that time and we were having our dinner and watching a movie. Then Ivan called me and asked me if I had any plans too. He said that he would be going to a pub with Brandon and Sean in Clarke Quay and asked if I wanted to join them. I told him the same thing, that if I were to go down, I would give him a call. Time passed real quickly and it was time Annabelle had to go. I called Leslie again out of curiosity to see if he was enjoying himself in Dble O or not. He told me that Dble O was too packed and they had moved to ChinaBlack instead. He was in the queue and waiting to enter. I asked if there was a long queue there and he said not too many were there.
I decided to join him since I haven’t seen him for quite some time and that I might enjoy myself that night if the place has just the right amount of people and the right touch of music. I got myself dressed up and went down to Orchard. Upon reaching the MRT station there, I gave Leslie a call, told him that I would be reaching soon and asked him to meet me downstairs, so that I won’t be alone while queuing up. I also asked him if the place was packed. He told me it was ‘OK’, just the right amount of people.
It was around 12 midnight at that time and to know that ChinaBlack wasn’t too packed is such a relief.
Maybe the usual crowd had moved to another spot.
Maybe the place wasn’t as good as before and the crowd had died out.
As if.

I reached there and saw the usual crowd of people gathering there. The queue was like the same as before. It was tremendously long and it didn’t seem to be moving at all. I met up with Leslie and we both knew that I was fucked.
Well… I couldn’t really blame him you know. He didn’t know that the crowd would appear this way in such a short period of time. Nobody was at fault. I then called Ivan to see if I could meet up with him instead. He told me that he was with Sean at BQ bar at Boat Quay and Brandon had gone to another place. I was kinda no mood already so I felt that going home and telling Leslie to go back up would be the best solution.
It was fucked up knowing that I had wasted my trip down and that I had to go home in a long journey either by cab or midnight bus. It was as though I had nothing better to do and wanted to come out just to smell some fresh air.
Leslie didn’t feel good at all too, since he was the one who asked me out in the first place. He said that he wanted a drink so we went to the nearby Macdonald’s to get one. I didn’t manage to convince him to neglect the others and follow me instead though. We went our separate ways and I soon received a call.
‘Chee Bye lah… Re-entry also need to re-queue sia.’
‘Come back and accompany me leh…’
I U-turned back and went to find him. There were 2 queues, one for members and the other for commoners. We weren’t regulars of the club so we wouldn’t know which one to queue for re-entry. Leslie was assuming that it should be the shorter one so he waited patiently right at the back. I was accompanying him all the while and we noticed that the queue wasn’t moving at all. He said that he needed to shit so I followed him to the nearest toilet. Even though the toilet was completely empty, I didn’t wait for him inside since I don’t have the habit of chitchatting with him and smelling his shit at the same time. I waited outside for a while and also did some self-reflection of how well I had spent my weekend. As soon as he had finished his business, we went back to queue.
‘Fuck lah, pay $18 liao still spending so much time outside.’
‘Some more the queue like never move at all one.’ He said.
He knew that something had to be done. Wasting time standing in the queue was gonna mess everything up. He went up to the bouncer and asked why the queue wasn’t moving at all.
The best part was…
The bouncer told him that he was standing in the wrong queue. The queue that he was standing in was for members only. The correct one that he should be waiting in was the one that was freaking long. The one that I myself had to queue up in the first place.
Hearing such news,
Leslie lost it.
He couldn’t take it anymore. He talked to the bouncer with all sorts of reasons. There was no way he would go back and queue up just like that. I was at a distance so I couldn’t really figure out what he said to the bouncer. All I knew was that Leslie was trying all ways to psycho the bouncer into letting him in.
Suddenly, the bouncer stepped aside and Leslie signaled to me. I went up to him and we both went to the counter inside. I was like ‘What the fuck sia’. What the hell did Leslie tell the bouncer? As I walked into the entrance, I turned my head to the massive crowd still waiting outside.
‘Pitiful Bastards.’

I asked Leslie what happened and he told me that he negotiated with the bouncer. He said that he had paid money and that the rest of our friends were enjoying themselves inside. Couldn’t possibly wait for so long then go up and reunite with the rest right? Some more the queue wasn’t moving at all. These were the main reasons he argued with the bouncer but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something else.
He wouldn’t admit at all and I wasn’t right beside to witness anything, but he might have offered something to the bouncer so as to achieve his goal.
A blowjob.
We went up and tried to enjoy ourselves. Met up with Rihao and his friends and it seemed that they had drank quite a lot. They were pretty much resting on the tables instead of feeling energetic. The music sucked big time and the crowd was a major disappointment to me. Mostly guys and ugly girls.
Yucks.
I had to get myself drunk in order to enjoy myself. Getting drunk would be the best alternative for anyone who wants to have a good time since one wouldn’t really bother even if the place was playing Jazz or some Indian music. You would still bump around and make a fool of yourself, that is, if you are drunk. Sober in a place like this would make you think of getting out of there, or committing suicide straight away.
I didn’t really drink much on that night and I didn’t kill myself.
But what I really did feel like doing was…
Setting the whole damn place on fire.


Saturday was a better day for me. Managed to take some photos with the Star Wars characters in orchard, outside Lido.

If you look closely, Ivan was actually holding a gun and pointing at the poor fella’s head.



It appeared that the gun was actually loaded and Ivan accidentally pulled the trigger out of mischief. The bullet went straight into the enormous helmet and through the brains of the innocent guy inside the costume. He was left lying on the ground with blood spilled all over. Everyone thought it was also an act so they took many photos of him together with their family and kids.



Leslie was so into the balls of the trooper that he grabbed them with his bare hands. He was so strong that he squashed the exterior armor together with the actual balls inside. They were unfortunately, mashed. The guy was just earning a living and wearing a thick costume on a hot humid day. I didn’t expect things like this would happen to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home