Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bring on the Pain

Went for the dental surgery yesterday morning.
My turn came and was told to change my attire to those of like a sick patient. It's like a combination of a kimono and an apron. And to tell you the truth, I was feeling nervous and nowhere close to becoming a samurai or a chef.
I was shown to my bed after that. The nurse told me to lie down and make myself comfortable. She then took my blood pressure and asked me about my medical history, which I have already told the anaesthetist back then. The nurse wrote down the details and went off. As soon as she was gone, another nurse came over and asked me the same questions. This same procedure was done repeatedly by several nurses and my medical history was starting to become a history on it's own.
Then came a doctor. He was trying to engage in a conversation with me by asking me whether I am still in the army and that doing this kind of surgery is a top favourite for guys serving National Service. He was trying to crack me up and making me unaware of my surroundings. Feeling suspicious, I tilted my head abit to the front and saw him poking a needle into the back of my palm, straight into the vein. I smiled at him even though I wasn't really impressed by the sudden ambush he had given me. Well, if he's the doctor who was going to operate on me... I better show some politeness and gratitude to him you know. I was afterall, his guinea pig.

After somewhile, my time came.
One of the nurses brought me to the operating theatre and I was astonished the minute I stepped into the room. It was a scene like in the movies, or from the series 'ER' rather. I climbed onto the operating bed and adjusted myself. The doctor then inserted a tube into the needle which he had poked on my hand earlier on. What I didn't know was that music could actually be played inside. The radio was on and I could hear the doctor whistling away. I wasn't the least assured at all. I could only pray that they are experienced professionals who will not shake their bodies to the music while operating on me. The doctor signaled to the nurse and she gave me a air mask to inhale. She told me to take a deep breath and said that it was oxygen.
Oxygen doesn't make you unconscious.

I woke up some time later on my original bed and the surgery was over. I was biting on some gauze in my mouth and could feel that my blood was overflowing. I had to swallow much of it as there wasn't any place for me to spit out on. The nurse came over to change a new set of gauze for me and told me that my dad had reached. I changed back to my own clothings, met up with my dad, paid the bills and went home in his car.
I was given an MC starting from 4/5 till 11/5.




It didn't become as swollen as I thought.
But it's still in the early stage so I wouldn't know what might happen next.

My Stitches








My teeth.



I used to keep one or two baby teeth when I was very young. I heard about the existence of the tooth fairy and did try out by putting them under my pillow before I went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and checked if the rumours were true. I lifted up the pillow and my teeth was nowhere to be seen. The tooth fairy had taken them and traded something else for me.
A pair of Rolex.

With these teeth placed under my pillow and at the same time considering their amount and value, I probably would be getting up the next morning and seeing a Ferarri parked downstairs with my name written on it.

Last but not least. This was taken a few weeks ago, with all my teeth still intact.



22nd April
Trance Republic, Phuture
Ivan, Xuguang, Me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

anaa_: dude, its nice to see you again, & in such pain!slash ya gums & let blood flow away.*chuckle*

Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home