Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Family Affair

Went to eat with my family at Genki Sushi on Saturday.
'Irasshaimase'
It means welcome in Japanese and I believe that's what the waiters and waitresses were saying when they saw us walking in.
It sounds polite at first but can be real annoying when you hear too much of it.
There was this chef who kept saying it.
'Irasshaimase'.
He was actually busy slicing away his sashimi and not noticing if there were any customers coming in.
But every now and then, he would say it out loud. I saw what he was doing and told my family about it.
I told them to check this guy out.
He was either talking to the fish or himself.
To welcome the fish to the dining plate or himself into woodbridge.
My father told me not to bother so much. Basically not to mess around with a mentally unsound person who is holding on to a knife.

My uncle saw a cockroach at the corner of the table and alerted the staffs.
Because of this, we were given an extra 5% discount on everything we had consumed. The best part was that they didn't even get to see the cockroach at all.
Saying there was a 'cockroach seen' was like the password to having a discount.
And probably there would be a better discount if a lizard was being seen instead.
I guess they were trying to cover up and being nice to us by cutting down the price by a little.

But unfortunately,
that's not going to stop me from telling everyone about the password.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home