Monday, May 23, 2005

Seek and Destroy

Recently, I have been playing carrom.
The reason why I started playing carrom was very simple. Basically I was banned from all places to sleep in. The only place where I could sleep in was the mess room itself. And to sleep in a place like that would be almost impossible. The place has an unpleasant smell and people are always inside playing carrom and making noises. Even my grandmother playing mahjong with a group of aunties would be more peaceful than a bunch of deprived guys trying to outdo each other in a game of carrom.
But I became one of them not long ago.
A typical addicted carrom player who would sacrifice anything just for the sake of a game.
I found out that I have lost touch of the game.
It felt as though I had never played carrom in my whole life. Probably it was because the last game I played and trained by myself was 3 years ago, in a deserted cave up in the Himalayas. I remembered that in order to achieve mastery level, one has to go beyond his limits. I knew very well what was important for me and what I wanted to have in the future. So I dropped out of Poly and focused on the journey ahead. I was both mentally and physically prepared for what I had to go through. It was hard for me to accept the fact that I was going to leave my loved ones for a long time, but sacrifices had to be made.
I left home and stayed in a cave for 2 years.
There was no food and water brought from home and I had to find my own to survive. The only things that I brought from home were; a carrom board, the seeds used to play and a bolster. I trained myself day and night, for 2 years and my hair had became completely white. It was only when my bolster had lost it's comfort and giving out a foul smell then I knew my training was enough.
I had to go home and wash my bolster if not I wouldn't be able to sleep well and carry on my training.
Time passed and I realised that my skills were gone.
I was no longer the master I used to be. How could something like this happen to me?
All I could do then was to start from scratch again.

I discovered that I became a player with abnormal tactics.
I am more of a destroyer.
I am not the least interested in putting the seeds into the pockets. As long as I see any seeds belonging to the opponent near the pocket, I will use all my strength and shoot them away, leaving the seeds all scattered around. It feels good to be doing this, even though I am not getting any of my own seeds into the pockets. If I can't get them into the pockets, nobody will too. I don't care if the game takes a long time to finish. All I know is that if there is a great wall of china being built around the pocket, most likely I will be using the world's best artillery and destroying it.

Went to watch Star Wars on Friday night with Xuguang and Kendrick.
Got the tickets for 11.30pm at Century Square. I and Xuguang went there early to get tickets just in case. We reached there about 9pm and realised that we had so much time till the show started. Kendrick was going to meet us around 10 plus, 11 so we figured out that we had alot of time to waste. We went through a nearby Pasar Malam thinking that we could spend some time in it. But it was only around 9.20pm when we finished the whole stretch.
2 hours more...
and nothing much to do.
Only two of us and it was so gay.
We decided that since we were watching Star Wars, we might as well do something affiliated.
So we went to StarBucks to get some coffee.
We were waiting for seats inside and we managed to get hold of 2 sofa seats together with a big round cushion seat at the side.
That could be a lucky night for both of us. To be seating like this in a place like StarBucks would be one of the best ways to enjoy the coffee there. In fact, I would be seating outside on a typical steel chair all the time.
We were even more lucky after that.
There were only two of us, me and Xuguang.
The big round cushion was meant for Kendrick if he managed to arrive early so it was unoccupied for the time being. We didn't know that we would be invaded and our territory being destroyed.
There were 2 enemies. A guy and a girl.
They were fierce.
Right from the start, we were chatting away and minding our own business. We were not looking for any trouble at all. We didn't expect that the guy would come over and join us. He was onto the empty cushion seat and taking as though we weren't there. Then a gal came... probably his sister or his girlfriend. She shared the cushion with the guy and was looking at us straight in the eye, like seducing us into giving up the seats for them.
Suddenly, the guy came behind and strangled me with his arms. I was grasping for air and struggling as much as I could. By that time I was already trembling with fear. I knew that they were out to get us. They wanted to play with us badly.

They meant serious business.

They were both around 3-4 years of age.
Their parents were outside and leaving them by themselves.
They were running around and climbing our territories like mad monkeys. The guy was the more naughty one and started to climb all over us. The little girl followed him and this carried on for some time. They were practically climbing onto me and Xuguang like squirrels. We kept telling them not to play anymore if not somebody might fall and get hurt. Either that or we might lose our patience and whack them jialat jialat.
No matter what, they were still small children so we couldn't really blame them. We took off and went somewhere else to slack. As I was leaving the place, I noticed that the little girl was chasing behind me and showing an evil grin at the same time. I closed the door, placed my thumb on my nose and wriggled my fingers facing her.
'You can't catch me, you little devil bastards.'

Watched Star Wars and it turned out to be not as good as I expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home